Since the morning sickness (which by the way should be called all day sickness), I really haven't had too many symptoms to complain about. I had some heartburn one week, and a handful of headaches, but other than that I've been pretty lucky up to this point. But the current symptom that has hit me all of a sudden.....hunger. Constant hunger.
My cravings aren't the stereotypical pregnancy-kind....I'm not waking Cory in the middle of the night to buy me pickles and ice cream or anything. There isn't any food that I must have or I'll have a breakdown. And I have not experienced any mood swings or crazy hormone moments at all....I feel completely normal. There are just a few foods that I love right now, and I can't seem to get enough of them.
Current cravings:
![]() |
| Chai tea lattes....they don't have to be from Starbucks either. They are so good! |
![]() |
| Cutie clementines. It can't be any other brand....Cuties are the best! I can easily eat 10 in one sitting. |
![]() |
| Berries. Any and all kinds. |
I was also craving ice cream the other day while we were at the grocery store, so I bought a small container (like the Ben and Jerry's size) of green tea ice cream, and a small container of the Starbucks Java Chip Frappuccino ice cream. Cory gave me the eye when I bought two, like....you really needed two? Cory doesn't really like ice cream or sweets, so I admit that two was a lot since I would be the only one eating them. I explained that I planned to eat them very slowly, over the course of the next 2 weeks, and that I would not sit and eat the entire container in one sitting. He laughed, and I assumed he figured they would be gone by the next day. I enjoyed just a few bites of the Starbucks ice cream that night, and put it back in the freezer.
Two nights later I pulled it out again to have a few more bites, and as I ate it on the couch next to Cory, I offered him a bite. Flash forward to 10 minutes later.....the entire container was GONE! While I admit I had a few nibbles here and there, Cory basically polished off the entire thing. In between bites I heard comments like "wow, this is actually pretty good".....and "I don't usually like ice cream". It was hilarious. He looked pretty shocked when the container was empty, and asked how much he had just eaten. I told him basically the entire thing. It was priceless.....but now I need to buy more! :-)






"Now I'm obsessed with them....I should have listened to her!"
ReplyDeleteFirst sign you are now a mother: you are now saying your mother was right...LOL!
Love Organic Valley too. Eat whatever you want and enjoy this time Julia. So happy for you two.
And next time, just tell Cory he is having sympathy cravings.