Thursday, December 9, 2010

Week 21

Baby's now the size of a banana!
Baby's digestive system is busy creating meconium (a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion, and dead cells), which will fill the first diaper after birth. And, if baby is a girl, her womb is now stocked up with her lifetime supply of six million eggs (the number will drop to around one million by birth).

(Or if you are following the man's version of baby sizes, we have moved on from the size of "one nice-sized boob" to a beer bottle). :-)

Starting next Thursday, the weekly fruit/veggie changes will end, and they will be monthly instead. I haven't really noticed many changes this week....the belly seems around the same size, and I'm still feeling random kicks and pokes throughout the day.

Scott, Cory and I had an amazing sushi dinner at Masuo's last Friday. We had a $100 gift card to spend from friends who visited and stayed with us last month (thanks Joe and John!). Cory and Scott feasted on all sorts of crazy rolls and Japanese beer, while I enjoyed water, miso soup and a veggie roll. We didn't really keep track of our spending, we just ordered what we wanted and figured we would pay whatever amount we went over. The server brought our bill and laughed as she told us our total was $100.05. We did a pretty good job!

Kitten Enyo, the one who likes to cuddle on my belly, had surgery last week as well. She was spayed, and they sewed shut her eye socket that has the missing eyeball. Ever since coming home from the surgeries she has been extra cuddly, which is awesome. I'm usually the first one home at the end of the day, so I'll take Winnie out to go potty, then I come back in and hang out in our bedroom with a book until Cory gets home. Enyo always uses this time to come cuddle.

Not the best light, but you can see the stitches in her eye socket from her surgery. Just before I took this picture, her little front paws had been stretched out onto my belly.

Trying a different angle on my lap to get more comfortable.

Here's another one of her sleeping next to Irie on our bed. Those two are best friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment