Friday, December 3, 2010

Baby Belly for Week 19


My belly seemed to pop a bit more this week. This is also the first week both Cory and I felt the baby kick! I had been feeling the occasional poke, but it was always just one, so I wasn't sure if I had actually felt the baby or not. But recently the pokes have been more rhythmic, with a few happening at a time. So the other night after dinner I was feeling some movement, and when I had Cory put his hand on my stomach, he felt them too! The doctor had told us that it would take me longer than usual to feel any movement. My placenta is anterior, meaning it is attached at the front, right against my stomach. That means there is an extra layer of padding between your stomach and the baby, making it more difficult to feel movement as early as other pregnant women feel it. So it was exciting to finally feel the baby, and especially exciting to be able to share it with Cory.

No comments:

Post a Comment