Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Going Home for Christmas!

22 week photo, taken during the first break in the rain in 3 days straight!

Tomorrow I will be at 23 weeks, and I'm happy to report that bright and early tomorrow morning we are driving up to northern California for Christmas with my family. The car is going to be packed with presents, a giant dog crate and of course Irie, and I'm not sure if we are really ready for the 8 hour drive, but we'll see.

We had a few Christmas parties to attend this past week....I went to the Associated Students party last Friday for my work, and I even won one of the raffle prizes! (a $50 visa giftcard). The food there was super good too.

Dani, Amanda and I at the AS Holiday Party
 Immediately after my party was over, I headed straight to Cory's work party for The Bird and Animal Hospital. It was at Pam (the owner's) house, and she had a huge taco bar set up with a margarita fountain. I watched an amusing round of White Elephant Christmas gift exchange (Cory and I went home with the Game of Life as his gift). It was lots of fun. Then on Monday night, we met the staff from his other work (4 Paws) at Bucca di Beppo for their holiday party. I have never seen so much food in my life, and it was so filling! Yum!

Then last night we opened our gifts that were mailed from Cory's family in Wisconsin, since we are leaving to see my family tomorrow, and don't get to see Cory's parents until January. We received lots of cute things for Baby G, and a funny Packers shirt for me:

Cory opening one of Baby G's gifts

Cute ocean-themed toys!

Some of the adorable outfits Baby G received from Nana and Papa Greenfield

There's a tiny cheesehead Packer fan in there!

Cory and I felt like little kids Christmas morning.....he got an XBox 360, and I received the entire Guitar Hero package. Scott, Cory and I formed our own band for the night and played about 8 songs before we were exhausted and those two started a sports game while I got in bed. I love playing the drums, and Baby G was pounding along with me. He/She kicked quite a bit while we were playing.

So excited to see everyone at home soon!

1 comment:

  1. Still living a full fun packed life I see. Sorry I am only now getting to view your wonderful blog. Of course I do not know what select profile means so I went for anonymous... Still a daft.
    Well Cory and Julia have a wonderful Christmas and all the very best for 2011 with your bundle of Baby G on its way. Still at work, oh my gosh gotta go and bake my ham. Love and miss you both. Safe drive. mac

    ReplyDelete