We've moved on from mango to cantaloupe....which is pretty crazy to me. Cantaloupes are pretty big!
Baby's now the size of a cantaloupe!
Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies respond best to tastes they've already had via amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you'd like your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch.
I'll include a belly picture when I get home today and have a chance to upload it. I've been in super Christmas mode...I did most of my shopping last weekend, and all of the gifts are already wrapped. They are sitting in a giant pile in our room, just waiting for the trip up north for Christmas. I'm really excited to see everyone at Christmas time, especially my great grandma, who I haven't seen in awhile. She is coming up on her 102nd birthday in March! So crazy...the baby is due the month after her birthday.
It's pretty quiet at work today, since everyone is gone at a conference that they signed up for before I was hired. So I'm enjoying a quiet day to get stuff done. Yesterday at work was the first time someone asked when I was due. Mostly my coworkers either hear from me that I'm pregnant, or word gets around and they hear from others. But yesterday a coworker who didn't know I was pregnant saw my belly and exclaimed "Oh Julia, when are you due? How exciting!". It was fun having someone notice on their own....the belly is finally giving me away!

No comments:
Post a Comment