Well, we survived the long trip to Florida and made it back to California just in time for some beautiful weather! Sorry I can't say the same thing for Florida's weather while we were there. Friday and Saturday the weather was decent...not sunny, but not cold. We spent those days at Kari's house.
 |
| Ellie enjoyed laying her head on my baby belly |
 |
| So cute! |
 |
| Cory imitating the trees |
 |
| Exploring the water in Tarpon Springs, looking for manatees |
On Sunday we drove to Orlando, and while Cory went to a few lectures at his vet conference, Kari and I checked out Harry Potter World at Universal Studios. The sun was out most of the time, but it was still a tad cool outside. It was pretty fun, even though I wasn't allowed to go on any rides, and I'm definitely a fan of the butterbeer. Yum!
 |
| Entrance to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter |
 |
| The castle |
 |
| Butterbeer |
 |
| Yum! I couldn't get enough....until it gave me a stomach ache! So good though! |
On Monday we had all sorts of plans, but the weather changed all of them when we woke up to monsoon-style rain, thunder and lightning. So we met a friend for lunch, and Kari and I ended up shopping at the mall, just to get out of the hotel for awhile. After a yummy sushi dinner that night, Kari drove back home.
On Tuesday Cory realized that after the morning session, there weren't any more lectures that interested him for the rest of the day, so he went to the morning lecture, and took me to Disney's Animal Kingdom! The safari was so much fun, and I enjoyed trying out my new Canon T2i. And finally a warm and sunny day!
 |
| In front of the Tree of Life |
After the park we ended up at Downtown Disney, where Cory fed every bird in the vicinity with our unwanted french fries. While I love birds, I really didn't want to get pooped on, but it did make for some fun photos.....
Of course on our last day in Orlando, the weather was PERFECT. Since Cory still had some lectures that morning, and we had to leave for the airport by 2:30pm, we just hung out by the pool with all of our stuff after checkout for just under 2 hours, soaking up the sun. Why couldn't this weather have been around on Monday?
Oh well, it was a great trip, but we are happy to be back in San Diego with our furry kids.
YOu definately are glowing and that camera just stepped up your game. Wow! Love the pictures of the Flamingo, Lion and especially the Tree of Life! You live such a charmed life. Thanks for letting all of us travel vicariously through your many adventures.
ReplyDeleteWe watched an episode of Modern Marvels about Disney World and that safari was featured. Apparently, they use a variety of techniques (such as scent aversion) to make it so that the animals are visible and people can always get a good photo as you did. Nothing abusive of course, just manipulating them by their natural instincts. If you ever want to know the in's-and-out's of the park, watch that episode.
ReplyDelete