Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Week 26 Photo


Today marks the start of Week 26. I can't believe how close we are getting to Week 30, which is a lot closer to Week 40, which means the arrival of our baby! I had a pretty realistic dream last night that I was in labor. I was in a bed in the hospital going through light contractions, and Irie was there with me, lying next to me in my bed. I kept telling Cory to make sure he was taking enough pictures, but then my mom was there, so I gave the camera to her instead. Then the doctor came in and said not much was happening, so she was starting me on pitocin. As soon as she started that, my labor pains became more intense, and I remember thinking, ow, it already hurts and it's just going to get worse! Then I woke up to a horrible stomach ache, which I think was the cause of this whole dream sequence. Usually my dreams are pretty odd and don't make much sense once I wake up, but this one was pretty accurate, except for Irie being in the hospital with us of course.

This week is pretty short and crazy....on Thursday I'm attending an all day work retreat, so I have tons of work to get done before then in my office. I'm also the head of the committee that planned the retreat, so I have lots of prep work to do still to prepare, including a big trip to Costco tonight to buy supplies. Part of the retreat will be serious group work, but the second half is going to include curling lessons, followed by a curling tournament with all of my coworkers at the nearby ice rink. SO EXCITED! We wanted to choose an activity that hopefully no one had ever done before. I really hope they let me participate and don't think it's too dangerous since I'm pregnant. It's curling, not speed skating...but we'll see.

The exciting sport of curling

Then on Friday morning bright and early, Cory and I are flying to Florida for a few days. The first few days we are spending in Tampa with his sister Kari, then we are heading over to Orlando. Kari and I hope to get in some shopping, and possibly a visit to Harry Potter World


Cory is attending a veterinary conference, where he will be listening to speakers, attending classes and visiting different veterinary-related info booths. Me? I'll be relaxing....hopefully it will be warm enough to hang by the pool! The resort where we are staying looks gorgeous, so I'm hoping for matching weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment