Thursday, January 27, 2011
28 Weeks
Wow, I can't believe I'm at 28 weeks today! This is officially the last week of month 6....next Thursday I will be moving on from eggplant to squash...from 6 months to 7 months.
So far I've mostly been hearing that I look a bit small for how far along I am, but every now and then I hear the opposite. The barista at Starbucks yesterday morning asked if he could guess how far along I was (I thought this was a bit strange until he explained that his girlfriend was pregnant right now too, and due any minute). His guess was 8 months and 1 week. I was a little embarassed to tell him it was actually 6 months, but I was wearing the dress in this picture, so I think it makes me look a little bigger than I actually am.
Most other people seem surprised when I say 6 months, and say that I look really small. Well, I don't feel small, but thanks! I've definitely felt pretty stretched thin this week....like my belly wants to keep expanding, but my skin is resisting. It's a strange feeling. The baby has also gone back to kicking around my ribs, which kind of makes me feel short of breath.
I had a brief doctor's appointment yesterday....and I mean brief. We're talking in and out of the exam room in 4 minutes. They checked weight, blood pressure, belly size, baby's heartbeat, and gave me paperwork to come back for the glucose test. That was it. Even though they don't do much on these visits, it's still fun to see the doctor and hear the baby. The appointment we are really anxious for is next week, on February 1st. We are getting another ultrasound, which is always fun to see. Hopefully they let us do another 3D photo or two....I know I've always been creeped out by these photos, but I find myself wanting to do it again. Any chance to see our baby more!
I'll update again after our ultrasound next week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment