Thursday, November 18, 2010

Week 18


"Baby's now the size of a sweet potato!
Baby's become amazingly mobile (compared to you, at least), passing the hours yawning, hiccupping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking, and swallowing. And baby is finally big enough that you'll soon be able to feel his/her movements."

I can't wait to feel the baby move! I thought I felt something a couple days ago, and I sat perfectly still for around 2 minutes trying to see if I felt it again, or if it was just my imagination. Still not sure, because I didn't feel anything else.

"Now that baby can hear what's going on outside the womb, it's time to get out the tunes. His/her faves? Classical, lullabies, new age...and anything else that resembles your own thumping heart (about 60 beats per minute)."

I just bought a LullaBelly, which is a soft band with a speaker that wraps around your stomach and plugs into your iPod, so you can play music to the baby. Cory and I are working on a playlist, and each giving our opinions on what the baby should listen to. Included on the list so far.....
  • Jack Johnson
  • various classical music
  • Bob Marley
  • 
    LullaBelly
    
  • .....other suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. You have to add the BoDeans to Little Sweet Potato's tunes list :) This blog is a great idea !! We are very excited !

    ReplyDelete