Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Today marks the start of Week 19, which means goodbye sweet potato, and hello mango!

Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil and dead skin cells (yum) now coats baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.) You might actually get to see the vernix at birth, especially if baby is premature.


Cory only got Thanksgiving Day off of work, so we weren't able to travel anywhere for the holiday. So instead, we hosted a dinner at our apartment. It was Cory and I, plus Scott, Miki, another vet Scott works with (Matt), and Matt's wife Lisa. We made the turkey, potatoes, gravy and green bean casseroles, Matt and Lisa brought stuffing, fresh pumpkin pie and wine, and Miki brought biscuits, cranberry, wine and rice. It was all so good...except for the wine...unfortunately I wouldn't know. I enjoyed some warm apple cider instead.  :-)

Scott carving the turkey.

We were impressed at how clean our apartment can be...I think Irie agreed.

Only half of the food we had....yum!

A competitive game of Mexican Train Dominos after dinner.

1 comment: