Monday, November 15, 2010

My first maternity clothes!

My mom visited two weeks ago, and it was so nice seeing her after what seemed like forever! We did a bit of shopping during her time in San Diego, and one of the most exciting purchases was at Motherhood Maternity....my first pairs of maternity jeans! I've gotten to the point where my regular pants still fit, but they are quite snug, and some of the buttons dig into my stomach.

Loved by Heidi Klum
So we wandered in to check out the options, and I tried on a pair of grey skinny jeans from Heidi Klum's Loved collection. They were super cute....they look great with a pair of flats. I'm not a fan of the heels worn with them in this ad, and I must say they are much cuter in person.

As I looked through the rack of jeans, I found another pair that I loved immediately. Then I looked at the tag....no wonder I loved them so much, they were 7 For All Mankind! My favorite brand of jeans in the whole world. I didn't even know they made maternity jeans! So of course I had to try them on, and as expected, they were adorable. Even though they were 50% off, they were still somewhat expensive, and I didn't feel I could justify buying them if they were only going to be worn for a few months, so I sadly put them back on the rack.

I was ready to head out, but then my mom insisted that I try on a pair of white jeans. I tried to explain that I wasn't interested in white jeans, but then the sales lady joined her in insisting that I just try them. She assured me that I would be pleasantly surprised. So I agreed and tried them on. They fit well, but weren't really my style. As I left the dressing room, I found my mom up at the register, buying the Heidi Klum jeans for me!

7 For All Mankind
It was such a nice surprise! Later that night, we were going through our goodies from our shopping day, dividing up our clothes to figure out who had bought what. She emptied the Banana Republic bag but wondered aloud what could still be in there.....then she pulled out the 7 jeans as well! She had quickly bought them and hid them in our BR bag before I left the dressing room! Double surprise! She wanted to buy my first maternity clothes, and also reasoned that I can wear them longer than a few months....when I get pregnant again someday. Sounds like a valid reason to me! I was so excited, and I can't wait to wear them. They are in the process of being hemmed, and should be back to me soon. Thanks Mom!!

I also got a TON of maternity clothes from Jasmine! I'm still in the process of going through them and trying them on....tons of cute dresses and shirts, of course. Jasmine always has super cute stuff! Thanks Jasmine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment