Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Friends in Town...Chris & Rhonda's Visit

Cory's buddy from college, Chris, recently visited us in San Diego with his wife Rhonda. They escaped from the lingering snow in Wisconsin for a week of sun in SoCal. They did their own thing a lot on the days we had to work, but Cory and I were able to take off a few days and explore with them. We visited the USS Midway in downtown San Diego and did a couple hikes as well.

Sure, I'll give birth on the USS Midway! Oh.....berthing......nevermind.

I LOVE helicopters....I wish I could have been a pilot!

On the deck, overlooking San Diego Bay


Chris and Rhonda on our tour

On a 2 mile hike near Lake Hodges....the 1st mile was straight uphill. Obviously I had to go really slow...it was tough


At the top, overlooking a reservoir


On the way back down, overlooking Lake Hodges

Chris and Cory headed out to surf


Playing Rock Band with Chris....I always call the drums...they are my favorite and Baby seems to enjoy it

Hiking the mushroom caves in Cardiff

The hike is pretty tough, so while Cory, Chris and Rhonda made it to the top.....

I waited for them way down at the bottom.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment