Thursday marked the beginning of my 7th month! This means moving on from eggplant to squash:
Baby's energy is surging, thanks to white fat depositing beneath his skin. And since he's growing so fast (weight will triple by birth), things are getting kind of cramped in the womb. What all this means for you: Get ready for some more kicks and jabs to the ribs.
Here is the latest photo...
Last week Cory and I finally used a giftcard for Massage Envy that we were given by my coworkers at Dean for our wedding. In 2009! We got a couples massage in the same room, with Cory getting a Swedish massage, and a prenatal for myself. Wow, I've never had 50 minutes go by so quickly in my life, but it felt great.
Thursday morning I woke up to what I assume was our baby having the hiccups. Apparently I used to get them all the time when my mom was pregnant with me, but I'm pretty sure this is the first I've felt them in our baby. I felt bad for him or her....they just kept going. Cory and I laid in bed with his hand on my belly, feeling the hiccups for quite awhile. Baby would kick or move around every now and then, but it was mostly the hiccups. So cute.
Cory was sick all last week, and I was hoping I wouldn't get anything, but sure enough on Thursday I realized it was too late. I ended up leaving work early Thursday, taking off Friday, and now I have slept my way through the weekend, trying to feel better. Cory actually got over his mega-cold by Thursday, just in time to fly to Dallas Friday morning to attend the Super Bowl. He has tickets into all the VIP parties, and I'm pretty sure he is going to have an amazing time. I'm bummed because I went out and bought a cute maternity Packers shirt to wear for the big game today, but A. Cory isn't here, so I'm not going to a bar by myself to watch, and B. I'm too sick to go to a friend's house to watch. So basically I'm wearing this shirt by myself at home today. Oh well. Hopefully the Packers will win and instead I can wear it to work tomorrow.



No comments:
Post a Comment