Thursday, February 17, 2011

31 Weeks


Today marks 31 weeks along. Now that I'm in the third trimester, time definitely seems to be slowing down. It seems like forever in between doctor's appointments, which is a bummer because even though they last about 5 minutes, they are still exciting. My next appointment is February 28th, and after that I believe I start going every two weeks instead of once a month. And eventually that will change to once a week. I'm pretty sure at that point I won't find the appointments so exciting anymore when they are happening so often, but we'll see.

We've been doing kick counts now that I'm getting closer to the end. Every night after dinner, I have to lay down and time how long it takes to feel the baby kick or move 10 times. If I don't get to 10 in an hour, I'm supposed to call the doctor. So far Baby's slowest night has been 15 minutes, and the fastest has been 3 minutes. I haven't noticed a pattern yet, but he or she sure is active!

Last night I had a really vivid dream about having the baby. It happened really quickly....there was no pain and he just kind of came out. Yep, it was a boy. Then I was walking around holding him for a long time and staring at his face. It was really nice until I needed to use the restroom and left him with my friends for a second...then I realized the restroom I had visited was on a train, and all of a sudden we were moving away from the station and I was worried that my friends were still holding my baby and panicking about how I would get back to them. Kind of strange, but the beginning was really nice. I've probably had about 6 dreams about having the baby now, and they've been pretty split between having a girl and having a boy. So don't think this dream was trying to tell me anything....my mind is all over the place!


1 comment: