It was a lovely Valentine's Day today in southern California. San Diego gave us AMAZING weather this weekend and today...I appreciate it even more now that I hear rain is coming later this week. Here I am complaining about some rain after a beautiful weekend while most other states in the US are still dealing with snow... I realize we are lucky.
Irie and I enjoyed a nice long walk Saturday morning while Cory was working. We even found a poster for some bands performing in an upcoming show, and one was called IrieSide. Just had to take a picture!
On Saturday afternoon after Cory was done with work, we went with his friend Devin down to Torrey Pines State Park and hiked down the cliffs to the beach below. We were there just in time for the sunset, and it was beautiful! I took the 'easier' trail, while Cory and Devin took the steeper, more difficult trail. My easy trail was still long, and considering I had Irie on her leash AND I had worn flip flops, the slippery parts took a bit longer to navigate than normal.
 |
| Irie enjoying watching the seagulls on the beach |
 |
| Watching the sunset as we hike back up the cliff |
 |
| Cory and Devin stop with Irie to enjoy the view |
 |
| Such a happy puppy |
 |
| Cory and Irie out on a cliff ledge |
 |
| After the climb back up...the sun has disappeared, but it's still so nice out! |
Getting down to the beach, I forgot that these trails dump you right onto the nude beach....Blacks Beach. Why is it that nude beaches only attract the old dudes? There were plenty of them around, trying to soak up the last of the sun before it set. It was definitely beyond the time to get a good tan, so you know they were just there to be naked. Oh well, whatever floats your boat. We checked out the beach for awhile before all 3 of us (& Irie) headed back up the 'easy' trail. Between my giant belly and my congested sinuses from my massive cold, I was huffing and puffing most of the way up. Although I was still passing a good number of people who were hiking slower than me. Definitely made me feel a little better!
Sunday morning, my good friend Courtney was nice enough to accompany us to Babies R Us to start the dreaded baby registry....thank goodness she was there with us....that place is intimidating! I think we got a good start on what we need and what really isn't necessary.
 |
| Cory checking out a stroller |
And after a lovely weekend, that brings us to today....Valentine's Day! We both worked of course, but tonight Cory and I tried a new sushi restaurant. I had miso soup and a veggie caterpillar roll, and Cory had two rolls of raw fish, eel and everything else I would never try. We both really enjoyed it, and are now back home to cuddle with the pets and relax. Happy Valentine's Day everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment