Last Sunday Cory, Scott and I took the dogs for a hike. We drove just one exit south of us to Del Mar, and hiked in a nature preserve area near a housing development. The hike didn't look like much from the road, but once you got on the trail and into the brush a bit, we saw some really cool stuff.
I also got a souvenir from the trip.....on Tuesday I found a tick on me! Bleh! It took all of my power not to hyperventilate and pass out while Cory expertly removed it.
 |
| Cory, Scott and the dogs walking a ridge that overlooks Highway 5, the Del Mar Racetrack and the ocean |
 |
| Hiking + 8 months pregnant = exhausting. I didn't really dress well for hiking, but I was told it would be an easy hike, so I figured I would go with comfort. Maybe the tick was jumping on while this picture was taken? |
 |
| Found this little guy alongside the trail. I was obsessed...he was so cool! Took a bunch of pictures, and he let me get really close. So then we tried to touch him....easy! So of course, my next move was to pick him up. |
 |
| Ha, I will pick up any animal! He reminded me of a mini triceratops. Whenever I pet his little head, he would just close his eyes and look all content. So cute! |
 |
| I learned that this guy can shoot a small stream of blood from his eyes as a defense mechanism. Glad he liked me enough to keep the blood to himself. |
 |
| This guy wouldn't let us get close at all, but he was still cool. He's a Southern Alligator Lizard. |
 |
| The dogs had a blast on the hike. |
 |
| One last picture of Irie before we head back to the car. This cool color setting is the entire reason I bought my pocket PowerShot camera. |
No comments:
Post a Comment